Well, here we are, late again for TUSAL (VERY late).
And late with WIPocalypse also! I’ve been very bad. Although it’s because I’ve been busy stitching and sewing, so that’s a good thing.
First of all, the Dark Knight (sorry about the blurriness):
It’s going well! Harvey has the lower part of his face. I’ve moved over to the left side now, to start on the Joker. The chart’s in 9 parts, and I’m doing the middle row of 3 first.
I would certainly have got more done, but I’ve been working on this:
I got these cotton printed patches while we were in Yellowstone last year, and decided to make a new holiday bag with them, since my old one has started to wear out. I’m pleased with it. It’s quilted throughout, with a double layer of batting, and the back has a log cabin patchwork. There’s 2 large compartments in zingy colours with zip closures, and the blue one has two pockets inside, one with a magnetic snap, for my phone. The leafy fabric on the end is actually an elasticated pocket for my water bottle. All the fabrics and notions came from Jo-Ann’s on the same trip to the US. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas, and played with it on the bag.
While we were at Miniatura in March, I got a lot done on a long-standing WIP, Fairytale Castle. It’s actually Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. This is it when I pulled it out of the bag:
When I came home, I decided to carry on for a bit:
It’s actually a mixture of cross stitch and tent stitch. The tent stitch is supposed to only be one strand, but I didn’t like the coverage, so I’m using two. No doubt I’ll suffer towards the end when I start to run out of thread. (It’s a kit.) I decided to stop there, as all that’s left on this quarter now is sky, and that’s ideal for doing while waiting for planes, trains and so on.
There’s been no progress on Tiger Reflection or World Map this month.
Two of my Amaryllis decided to flower. They’re all about 10 years old, and most people throw them out after just one flowering, so I’m always pleased when they decide to flower again, especially given the level of care they get (ie, not a lot). The red one produced 4 flowers, and the pink one 3, so very pleased with that. Big trumpety things, about 6 inches across.